Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Proast!

Hurrah, new blog! Along with a new motherboard....

The computer fair this weekend should be interesting indeed.
Just in time to see the 4870's arrive en masse on multiple sites - These cards are really amazing. The give the average joe Crossfire at an affordable point, they perform very well solo, and they finally have resolved ATi's long battle with Anti-aliasing and Antrioscopic Filtering. PC Case gear have a very nice deal I may just go with. Judging from the TweakTown review, there still are a few driver problems, but they'll be resolved rather quickly. Stick a ThermalTake DuoOrb on them and you'll be sweet. Now the only problem is a lack of damn PCI slots on my motherboard....

Nonetheless, my rig is going quite happily. Vistax64 has been relatively qualm-free, and the copious amounts of RAM I have (compared with before) is making me a very happy chap indeed.

Cable management is going to be my forever bugging problem though.... :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me see a picture of ur beast. xD