Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Animania 2008 writeup... Of sorts.

Because I'm horribly lazy, this writeup won't be exactly huge. Anyhow, explanation! Pretty much what happened was a group trip of myself and about 11 other friends (I lose count at times, seriously) to glorious Sydney for a weekend for Shopping, Stupid amounts of food (On my part) and Animania! For those that don't have a single clue what I'm on about, Animania is pretty much a convention based around Anime/Manga culture, and as such there were people in various Cos-play, loads of food, and plenty of excitement and loud noises. So, Some pics!
Eddy's gone and found his Avenue.
Beginning the epic journey! (Note: half of us in some form of costume...)
Like some soppy movie scene... but blurry!



So, our gorious day at Animania Sydney 2008 begins! There was alot of fun to be had that day.
Stalls displaying a variety of wares, lots of food (I must have eaten like... 10 takoyaki...), plenty of cosplay, karaoke, anime displays, cosplay displays, all sorts of fun!

Now apparently some of the downsides to this year was it was in Redfern, which isn't akin to TownHall where it was previously. And I gotta say, it definitely did feel like a downside. No food variety, and not much to do when you got bored. There wasn't a fantastic variety of things to do at the convention itself, either. Apart from the cosplay, it was seemingly quiet for most of the day, and very few of the events had much "spark" to them.
That said though, some of the cosplay that we DID see was awesome. Alot of it was my fangirly inside screaming, but some of them were really amazing. Honest! Fine, don't believe me? Heres some pics!
Trains are awesome. Most of the gang!
I just... Don't quite know anymore.

The waiting! huge amounts of crowd... And note the Host Club near the centre.
Soul from Soul Eater

Few friends of mine, and 2 VERY EXPENSIVE outfits. Suigintou and Shinku from Rozen Maiden.
.. Complete with evil coloured Contacts.
Sakagami Tomoyo from Clannad. One of my favourites, but a pity she didn't get more attention.
The Team Fortress 2 Crew. Their doctor was late..

Well played, Sensei.

School Rumble!

Anyhow, I'll post more in a 2nd writeup later this week, I'm rather tired and sickly at the moment. :(

Reijin out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why not many pics of the group??
too busy having fun yourselves lol

--amanda